Canada’s online gambling market continues to thrive, offering ample opportunity to bet real money for gamblers. Since the demand for gambling is very high, there are many online casinos that compete with each other. This is why choosing a good online casino in Canada is a difficult decision – we are here to help you choose a reliable and legal option. So, read this post to the end to make the right decision on where to invest your money in order to get the best gambling experience.
What Is Canadian Online Gambling and is It Legal?
Although real money betting is one of the most popular entertainment for Canadians, local legislation – as in many other parts of the world – is a little complicated and confusing. Although some forms of offline and online gambling for real money have already been legalized, the operation of some online casinos remains in question. Here are some historical facts and relevant information on the legalization of gambling in Canada:
- Despite the fact that the gambling industry has been legal since its inception, a prohibition law was passed in 1892. For nearly a century, gambling was only allowed for charity events. However, this law was gradually softened.
- Slot machines were completely legalized in 1985 – B&M casinos began to install slots in their gambling halls, helping to popularize them.
- Offshore sites registered in Kahnawake and licensed by the local regulator can provide gambling services to Canadians.
- Local operators cannot offer gambling entertainment as Canadian government authorities still do not provide licenses for online gambling platforms (online casinos and apps).
Thus, although almost all types of gambling in Canada have already been legalized, there is still a more difficult situation with online casinos. However, there are no laws prohibiting Canadian players from gambling online.
Online Gambling Canada – Free Casino Apps
What is the advantage of gambling in Canada is its mobility. There are many online casinos offering user-friendly apps supported by popular mobile devices. When choosing the best online gambling app in Canada, there are several criteria you should consider:
- Variety of games and providers. Make sure you get access to all the games you want to play – and also that “for fun” mode is available.
- Fast and secure financial transactions – Canadians use credit/debit cards and e-wallets as the most convenient banking options.
- Good customer support available 24/7.
- Fair gameplay and security of your personal data.
- The best bonus offers for newbies and loyal players.
Read Canadian online casino reviews to find the best website or mobile app that suits your needs. Despite some questions regarding legalization, Canadian players have unhindered access to online gambling – there are no prohibiting laws.